Friday, September 8, 2017

Pulp Alley at Club Night

We had our first club night at our new venue (Red Claw Gaming) on Tuesday. There were nine guys from our club out with three games running. There were also maybe 12 other guys with four other games running. By the time I left, it was really hopping, which was nice to see.


Bruce playtested a Pulp Alley darkest Africa game he will be running at Fallcon for Terry, Jonathan and me. Four factions, each seeking a legendary bird. Minor lot points had to be dispensed with first, though.


These included meeting Tarzan (which Jonathan did).


Bruce and Terry contested to capture some cattle. Terry employed his baggage handlers as meat shields and managed to drive Bruce off. The use of gangs was an interesting mechanic that I had not seen before.


Terry's English explorers included a fellow armed with a butterfly net.


As the game heated up, we saw the more powerful characters come into play, including Jonathan's tribal leader.


In the end, Terry won, making a run on the final objective just ahead of when I was going to do so. Bruce and Jonathan were also about to win so it was a very close game.


Chen and Scott played some Dropfleet Commander while Dave P ran a game of Tanks!


Up next: I have some 54mm AWI troops that I just need to finish the base on. I also have a bunch of old Star Wars figures I need to finish basing. And then maybe onto some Star Trek ships. I'm also looking forward to the arrival of Tricorne and Vikings.

2 comments:

Dave said...

Great to see so many guys come out - I had a long day at work and couldn't make it.

I take it there are enough tables? Would there have been room for another 40k game, and do they have some terrain or is it all bring your own?

Terry Silverthorn said...

Hi Dave, yes we had another table reserved for us, which we swapped for the table Scott & Chen played on. The other table went unused. There is Lots of terrain available, especially for the 40K themed stuff. I am sure if Lea-Anne has a good idea of whats planned & numbers coming that more tables can be set aside ahead of time.