Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Some AWI action at club night

We had eight guys out at the club last night and a rare soccer bye meant I could attend! There was a game of Armies of Arcana (kind of Warhammer-lite) and a three-player game of Warmachine.


Bruce and I played the Germantown scenario for Clash for a Continent. The British are in the foreground and the building in the middle of the board is Chew House (which the historical battle hinged on).


We managed to play twice and both games were done by turn 15. The games split, although I think this is a tougher game for the British player (perhaps reflecting the quasi-surprise Washington had). That said, if the British can avoid losing too many units, over time they should be able to push the Americans back.

I wonder if the British strategy is to abandon Chew House and spend time pulling together a line and then advancing on the Americans who will be split up.


Up next: Not sure what is next. Soccer, the garden and cycling are cutting into my painting time. I hope to get a game in with Bruce next week.

No comments: