Thursday, February 13, 2014

Some 1/72-scale Celtic chariots

After a bit of a sore back, I've returned to painting and have knocked off six Celtic chariots to give the Brits some more variety in their units for CCA. These are HaT chariots.


I find chariots always a bit fiddly. I love the chariot drivers who are kung-fu fighting. And I'm glad these guys are done. I've also used the figures to do a tutorial on painting 1/72 figures for newbies.


Up next: I can't make the next club night but I hope to push some more figures out the door (1/72-scale cavalry) and perhaps do a tutorial on basing.

2 comments:

Phil said...

These Celtic chariots are really nice, great paintjob!

Bob Barnetson said...

Thanks Phil. I loathe painting chariots (so much surface area and so many planes) so I've got a formulae for doing them that minimizes the pain. Glad they turned out.