Sunday, May 15, 2011

Viking Camp

At our club's annual convention, we hold an auction to help defray rent. This year folks were quite generous with their bids and I only won two lots. The first was the boardgame Britannia. The second was a mixed lot of 1/72 AWI figures, some fences and a huge 28mm hut (cast in a lovely chocolate brown resin). I had 15 minutes last night before Mantracker started so I sat down to knock it off as a dark ages camp.

I painted this literally as fast as I could and then gave it a wash this morning. I have to say, I'm pretty happy with the outcome. It looks like something you might find in a Saxon or Viking camp and it fills a need I have for both armies.

Up next: If I can get myself out of the garden, I will complete the HYW English army--it is about half painted and I plan to put in an hour this afternoon. Then a couple of 15mm DBA armies came in as a commission so I'll turn my attention to them. Then maybe some more Star Wars? Or some 28mm Normans? There is also club this Tuesday.

4 comments:

Ray Rousell said...

Nicely done Bob, for a 15 minute paint job it looks really great!!!

Bob Barnetson said...

Thanks Ray. I was pretty happy to find the building and then get something off the painting bench. Next exactly a perfectly conceived and rendered project. But 15 minutes!

Scott M said...

Mantracker? Really?

Bob Barnetson said...

Mantracker rocks, dude. What an hilarious hour. Overly dramatic music, people screaming as he chases them (because what's he gonna do to them?), and lots of cussin'. What more could you want from TV.