Sunday, March 13, 2011

28mm Goblins

I've been working at clearing off the remaining 80-odd figures for a HoTT Goblin army. I did a number of mounted units last year but then the project dropped off the radar. But I'm hoping to finish this by the end of March.

Today I finished 20 spear. These are old Grenadier (I think) sculpts now sold in plastic by em-4. I got them in a job lot--they may have had shields originally but none came with them.

For 20-year old sculpts, they seem pretty good. I was trying to convey a fairly undisciplined army with the paint job--rusted mail and weapons--despite the uniform poses and ranks.

I also McGyverized a purple Heroclix hell dog of some sort with an old BattleMaster goblin to create a rider or mounted hero of some sort.

Up next: I have a bunch of goblin archers drying plus a lurker. Tuesday is club night so I hope to have some pictures of that. Then I'll be switching projects to finish up some Soviet 10mm armour for a friend. Nine are built and primered and I hope to finish these off in three lots.

3 comments:

Desert Scribe said...

Nice job on these guys. FYI, the hell dog (Dund) is actually from Heroscape, not Heroclix.

Bob Barnetson said...

Ah, thanks for the tip. All the clicky games are something of a mystery to me. Genius system for keeping track of stats but never played one. The figures are great on job lots for populating HoTT armies. I have a couple of kick-butt dragons I got quite reasonably priced, including a skeletal dragon that would have cost the moon in metal or GW plastic.

Desert Scribe said...

You're welcome! Incidentally, Heroscape doesn't use a dial base; the figures all come with army cards. The mooks get taken out with a single hit, while you use wound markers to keep track of damage for the hero figures.

You're right; it's a great source for HotT armies, and I use them for my Song of Blades and Heroes warbands. Unfortunately, the game's been discontinued. For more info on the figures and game, you should check out heroscapers.com.